Click on image to enlarge
THE ABOVE BANNER
was presented by Miss Trafford on the Ancient and Loyal House of trafford on the 3rd of May 1798 to the Eccles Corps of Infantry (forming a part of the Manchester and Salford Royal Volunteers, commanded by Colonel Ackers.)
Who so laudably stepped forward in Defence of their King, Country, Religion and Laws when this Kingdom was threatened with Invasion by Foreign Enemies, aided and assisted by Domestic ones and was Deposited here on 6th of May 1802.
The under names are those who served as Volunteers and were Incorporated with the Manchester and Salford on the 10th of April 1797.
Thomas Charleton (Sen)
Thomas Charleton (Jun)